Cube Long Arrow Right External Link angle-right Search Times Spinner angle-left


In an emergency there are qualified first- aiders available at all the ISH sites, usually the Duty Manager (call 0 for assistance). All long-term ISH residents should register with a doctor (also known as a General Practitioner or GP), either close to their residence or on campus. Please do this soon after you arrive at ISH, rather than waiting until you fall ill. You will need to show the Health Centre your passport or ID card, as well as a letter from ISH or your university confirming your London address.

Fitzrovia Medical Centre, 31 Fitzroy Square, W1T 6EU

Cavendish Health Centre, 53 New Cavendish Street, W1G 9TQ

Under the UK’s National Health Service (NHS), GP consultations are normally free of charge for students on courses of more than six months but you will be charged for any prescribed medications (currently £8.60 per item).

Minor illnesses (colds, flu, headaches etc.) can often be treated with medication purchased from a pharmacy. Pharmacists are trained to recognise and advise on a range of common health conditions and will recommend treatment or refer you to your GP as necessary. 

The NHS also has a series of Walkin Care Centres around London. More information