Illegal/Banned Goods in the UK
There are certain goods that you are not permitted to possess in the UK – this is to protect society, animal and public health and the environment. You risk
being arrested or fined if you are found in possession of any of the illegal/banned goods.
Some important examples of
illegal items include:
· Controlled Drugs such as cocaine, heroin, MDMA (Ecstasy), cannabis, barbiturates, amphetamine and methamphetamine.
· Offensive weapons such as flick and gravity knives, butterfly knives, push daggers, belt-buckle knives, death stars, swordsticks, stealth (nonmetallic) knives,
knives disguised as everyday objects, knuckledusters, blowpipes, truncheons,
and some martial arts equipment.
· Other weapons, self-defence sprays (eg pepper sprays) and electric shock devices such as stun guns.
· Indecent and obscene material such as books, magazines, films, videos, DVDs
and software. This includes: material featuring children; material
containing extreme violence; and any other pornography that cannot be legally
bought in the UK.
· Firearms, explosives and ammunition including blank firing or replica firearms that can be converted to fire bullets, realistic imitation firearms, samurai swords.
The following goods may be confiscated and you may be prosecuted by the intellectual property right holder: counterfeit, pirated and patent infringing goods such as CDs, DVDs, clothing, footwear and designer goods from non-EU countries.
Please refer to https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/banned-and-restricted-goods for more information.