Complaints Procedure

2 min. readlast update: 10.17.2023

We hope that you will be happy in your new home but we know that sometimes things go wrong. Please let us know so that we can attempt to resolve issues for you, if possible.  

A complaint is a statement that something is unsatisfactory or unacceptable and requires action or redress. If you wish to make a complaint about your experience at International Students House, you should first try to resolve the matter informally with the person who has caused the complaint, particularly if that person is another student. You can enlist the support of your Resident Advisor, who can try to mediate and solve the problem.  

You (or your RA) may decide that it is appropriate to report the complaint to a Duty Manager. This can be done verbally or in writing, as you prefer, and the Duty Manager will do their best to resolve the issue promptly or refer on to the appropriate person for resolution. 

All formal complaints must be submitted in writing to the Dean of Student Life (, no later than one calendar month after the date in which the incident occurred. Please also give an indication of what attempts you have made to resolve the issue and what your ideal solution would be. Complaints logged in writing will be acknowledged within 5 working days and investigations will be undertaken with a view to drafting a full response as soon as possible but within no more than 28 days from receipt of the original written complaint.   

Was this article helpful?